Design is in the Details
Take your interior design from good to great by focusing on the details
Have you ever wondered what makes a room look so much more polished and pulled together than other rooms?
Have you struggled to find the right paint color that coordinates with the different wood finishes in your home?
Have you ever wondered how interior designers make coffee tables, console tables, fireplace mantels, and bookcases look so beautifully decorated?
If you've ever asked yourself any of these questions, then this is the class for you! "Design is in the Details" is a class devoted to the main details that make up beautiful room design, including accessorizing, mixing wood and metal finishes, and moldings.
Please be aware that this course only covers the topics of accessorizing, mixing wood and metal finishes, and different types of room molding. It does not provide information on how to pull together a room (e.g., furniture layouts, rug sizes, etc.). That information can be found in my course "How to Design a Room in 10 Easy Steps"
In this class we will cover the following main topics:
- 5 key accessories that every room should have
- The importance of accessories
- My 7 golden rules for accessorizing
- Learn how to beautifully decorate console tables, coffee tables, fireplace mantels and bookcases
- Learn how to mix different metal finishes with ease, including the kitchen and the bathroom
- Learn how to mix different wood finishes like a pro, including which paint colors look best with different wood finishes
- Learn how to use moldings to transform your home, including crown molding, baseboard, window and door casing, chair rail, panel molding, and picture frame molding
Throughout the class, you will also be provided with practical exercises to help you immediately apply what you've learned in each section.
This is a great beginner's course for those who are interested in learning more about the details that designers use to elevate the overall design of a space. This could also be a great class for interior design students or professionals who are new to the field.
Join me for a fun, action-packed class on interior design details!
- If you are interested in taking most or all of my courses, I have a recommended order in which to watch them (although it's certainly not required). I would start with "How to Design a Room in 10 Easy Steps" because most of my other courses are in-depth classes of the concepts touched on in this 10 step class. Following the 10 Step Course, I suggest moving on to "How to Use Color Like a Pro", followed by "How to Work with Interior Design Styles Like a Pro", then "How to Use Lighting Design to Transform your Home", and finally "Design is in the Details". My other courses, "How to Use Minimalist Interior Design to Live your Best Life", "Use Eco-friendly, Sustainable Design to Improve Your Life", and "How to Design Your Dream Kitchen" are all stand alone classes on specialty topics within interior design, and therefore, can be taken in any order.
- Please be aware that this course, or any of my courses, is not intended to provide all of the knowledge needed to become a professional interior designer. As with any professional field, there is a significant amount of education and/or experience that is needed to achieve competency in this field. My intention with these courses is to provide some solid foundational knowledge to assist either those individuals interested in "DIY" interior design to work on their own projects more effectively, or to provide supplemental education to both interior design students and professionals.
What Students Are Saying
"This course was absolutely amazing! I had a little appreciation of interior decorating before, however, this course has taught me the fine details I really needed to know. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who who has an interest in interior decorating whether or not you have previous knowledge. The lecturer Erikka is great!! She is quite knowledgeable and delivers with much clarity. I totally enjoyed being a part of the course!" - Paulette P.C.
"Amazing course. Goes into details on how to decorate your dining table, coffee table, console table, bookcase, how to use accessories etc. This is such a useful course and Erikka has exceptional teaching skills, both in training design and delivery." - Erika K.
"Was able to learn so much about the use of accessories. The instructor gave so many examples of various rooms and the ways to liven them up. No prior experience of design is required, as the instructor is very coherent. Would definitely recommend the course for anyone seeking to decorate their own home or planning to start a design consulting business.." - Samuel A.
Hi, I'm Erikka Fogleman, owner of Erikka Dawn Interiors. In addition to designing beautiful and functional interiors for clients, I also teach classes online for interior design enthusiasts, interior design students, and interior design professionals.
Through my classes, I will show you how many areas of interior design can be broken down into simple-to-use processes and formulas, so that you can be successful in creating beautiful rooms all on your own using an easy, systematic approach.
I’ve been designing and redesigning rooms for as long as I can remember – first for myself, then for friends and family, and finally, after graduating from the Interior Design program at the New York Institute of Art and Design, I decided to make it my full-time career. Today, I own my own thriving interior design business. While I would love to see everyone hire an interior designer, I know that it's not feasible or desired by everyone, so I've created easy-to-understand classes to break down the "science" of design. Quite simply because everyone should love their home.
I hope you’ll join me in some or all of my classes, so you, too, can learn how to create your dream home!
StartAccessories Defined - What are They Anyway? (3:14)
StartThe Importance of Accessories (3:46)
StartMy 7 Golden Rules for Accessorizing (7:02)
StartDecorate a Console Table (10:23)
StartActivity #1 - Decorate Your Own Console Table
StartDecorate a Coffee Table (8:35)
StartActivity #2 - Decorate Your Own Coffee Table
StartDecorate a Fireplace Mantel (4:45)
StartActivity #3 - Decorate Your Own Fireplace Mantel
StartDecorate a Bookcase (13:54)
StartActivity #4 - Decorate Your Own Bookcase
StartDecorate a Dining Table (9:03)
StartActivity #5 - Decorate Your Own Dining Table
StartDecorate with Pillows (5:14)
StartHang Artwork the Right Way (12:00)
StartWhere to Buy Great Accessories