Everything Small Home Design
Small Home Living at its Best
Are you challenged on how to most effectively design your small room or home?
Do you feel constrained functionally and/or aesthetically by your smaller space?
Do you feel paralyzed for fear of making the wrong design decisions in your small home?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, this course is here to help!
Whether you live in an apartment, condo, flat, townhouse, loft, or single family home, this course has been designed to give you the right tips, techniques, and approaches to make the most out of your space both functionally and aesthetically.
**PLEASE NOTE: This course does NOT include "tiny house" design/decoration. As stated above, this course is for those who live in smaller homes, such as apartments, condominiums, flats, townhouses, lofts, or single family houses.**
This course covers a wide range of topics related to small home design and decoration, including, but not limited to:
- 4 pro ways to make a room look bigger and the 4 biggest mistakes to avoid in your small home
- Design techniques and approaches for every room in your small home, including your outdoor space
- How to make your small rooms appear bigger
- Where to go "big" and where to go "small" when selecting furnishings
- Best storage hacks for your small home
- Great "double duty" pieces
- How to strategically use color and patterns in your home
- Best approaches for effectively dividing open spaces
- Excellent lighting techniques for every room of your home
- How to most effectively use open shelving in your home
You will also be guided through two hands-on activities in this course. First, you will have the opportunity to immediately apply your learning in three guided small room case studies. Then, using a customized planner that I created especially for this course. you will create a comprehensive room design for one of your own small rooms, as nothing will help you to cement the concepts and techniques you learned in this course more quickly than immediately applying them to a real world situation.
In short, my goal with this course is to help you fall in love with your small home by showing you the techniques and approaches that interior design professionals regularly use to create small home magic. I look forward to seeing you in the course!
- If you are interested in taking most or all of my courses, I have a recommended order in which to watch them (although it's certainly not required). I would start with "How to Design a Room in 10 Easy Steps" because most of my other courses are in-depth classes of the concepts touched on in this 10 step class. Following the 10 Step Course, I suggest moving on to "How to Use Color Like a Pro", followed by "How to Work with Interior Design Styles Like a Pro", then "How to Use Lighting Design to Transform your Home", and finally "Design is in the Details". My other courses, "How to Use Minimalist Interior Design to Live your Best Life", "Use Eco-friendly, Sustainable Design to Improve Your Life", "How to Design Your Dream Kitchen", and "Everything Small Home Design" are all stand alone classes on specialty topics within interior design, and therefore, can be taken in any order.
- Please be aware that this course, or any of my courses, is not intended to provide all of the knowledge needed to become a professional interior designer. As with any professional field, there is a significant amount of education and/or experience that is needed to achieve competency in this field. My intention with these courses is to provide some solid foundational knowledge to assist either those individuals interested in "DIY" interior design to work on their own projects more effectively, or to provide supplemental education to both interior design students and professionals.
What Students Are Saying
"I moved into a small home a couple of months ago but was struggling with how best to incorporate storage and with decoration. This course has shown me ways to get that storage without the clutter. I also got some great ideas for color and texture." - Dympna D.
"It is a great course, I am learning a lot and I find her explanations really easy to follow. I am very inspired by all these ideas that are not only useful and can transform a house into a much beautiful place, but also easy to implement. For someone with no prior experience in interior design, I am so happy I discovered this course!" - Oana G.
"As usual, you gave us a wonderful course, full of great advices, full of examples, full of things to consider while designing our small spaces, and - last but not least - full of good vibes and your ability to share knowledge with passion and smile! I also have to admit that I was hoping that you would make a course focusing on small spaces, because that is what I am dealing with and what I am currently designing. And you did! Thank you and keep doing that great work! :)" - Pawel D.
Hi, I'm Erikka Fogleman, owner of Erikka Dawn Interiors. In addition to designing beautiful and functional interiors for clients, I also teach classes online for interior design enthusiasts, interior design students, and interior design professionals.
Through my classes, I will show you how many areas of interior design can be broken down into simple-to-use processes and formulas, so that you can be successful in creating beautiful rooms all on your own using an easy, systematic approach.
I’ve been designing and redesigning rooms for as long as I can remember – first for myself, then for friends and family, and finally, after graduating from the Interior Design program at the New York Institute of Art and Design, I decided to make it my full-time career. Today, I own my own thriving interior design business. While I would love to see everyone hire an interior designer, I know that it's not feasible or desired by everyone, so I've created easy-to-understand classes to break down the "science" of design. Quite simply because everyone should love their home.
I hope you’ll join me in some or all of my classes, so you, too, can learn how to create your dream home!
StartForm Follows Function: What is Your Room’s Purpose? (2:45)
StartWhere to Go "Big" and Where to Go "Small" (5:40)
StartGreat Double Duty Pieces (3:20)
StartWhy Open Shelving is a Small Home’s Best Friend (7:19)
StartMy Favorite Storage Hacks
StartTo Divide or Not to Divide: Unique Small Home Challenges (6:33)
StartStrategically Use Colors/Patterns in a Small Home (10:26)
StartMy Favorite Paint Colors for a Small Home
StartExcellent Lighting Techniques for your Small Home (8:08)
StartActivity #1 - Let’s Improve These Small Room Designs! (7:43)
StartFamily/Living Rooms (7:02)
StartDining Rooms (5:35)
StartMaster Bedrooms (9:19)
StartKid's and Teen’s Bedrooms (7:49)
StartHome Offices (10:04)
StartPowder Rooms (3:04)
StartClothing Closets (3:41)
StartLaundry Spaces (7:32)
StartOutdoor Spaces (11:00)
StartActivity #2 - – Create your Own Small Room Design (5:03)