How to Use Color Like a Pro
Interior Design Color Schemes Made Easy
Do you find yourself struggling to create a cohesive color scheme in your own home?
Do you wonder how interior designers use colors to create a certain mood or feeling in a room?
It's no secret that color is one of the most important elements of great interior design. To that end, this course has been created to help you create fantastic color schemes for your own home. This course will cover everything you ever wanted to know (and maybe what you didn't know that you wanted/needed to know!) about color in the world of interior design, including:
- Color theory / color psychology
- How to use the color wheel in a very practical and useful way
- How to use color to create different moods in a room
- How to use color to make your rooms appear larger or smaller than they actually are
- How to mix patterns like a pro
- Learn about beautiful color scheme selections for every room in your home based on various factors
- Learn everything you need to know about paint
We delve deep into the topic of paint, including discussing how many different paint colors you should be using in your home, how to narrow your paint choices, the best white paint colors, how to effectively test out paint colors, and how to transition paint colors from room to room.
Finally, there are exercises in this course as well, to provide you with opportunities to create your own beautiful color schemes.
This course is a great choice for the novice or aspiring interior designer, or for anyone who is interested in learning more about how to create beautiful interior design color schemes like a pro.
Join me for a fantastic journey into the world of interior design color schemes!
- If you are interested in taking most or all of my courses, I have a recommended order in which to watch them (although it's certainly not required). I would start with "How to Design a Room in 10 Easy Steps" because most of my other courses are in-depth classes of the concepts touched on in this 10 step class. Following the 10 Step Course, I suggest moving on to "How to Use Color Like a Pro", followed by "How to Work with Interior Design Styles Like a Pro", then "How to Use Lighting Design to Transform your Home", and finally "Design is in the Details". My other courses, "How to Use Minimalist Interior Design to Live your Best Life", "Use Eco-friendly, Sustainable Design to Improve Your Life", and "How to Design Your Dream Kitchen" are stand alone classes on specialty topics within interior design, and therefore, can be taken in any order.
- Please be aware that this course, or any of my courses, is not intended to provide all of the knowledge needed to become a professional interior designer. As with any professional field, there is a significant amount of education and/or experience that is needed to achieve competency in this field. My intention with these courses is to provide some solid foundational knowledge to assist either those individuals interested in "DIY" interior design to work on their own projects more effectively, or to provide supplemental education to both interior design students and professionals.
What Students Are Saying
"This course is amazing. I've been wanting to learn about Interior Design for a while now. This really gives me a better understanding of what goes into making a home feel welcoming and cheerful. I love how simple the course is to learn. She takes her time to explain everything which in my opinion is nice. I like to take my time to learn and she does an amazing job. I'm going to recommend this course to my friends now." - Tyler L.
"Great course as the other ones I have taken from Erikka. It gives you a very complete understanding about the use of color and how to use it effectively in your home."
- Andreina H.
"I’m an interior design student. Even though I have professional education about design, I seek for rule of thumbs on color use to improve my color selection. I tend to design with spatial, form, shape but not color. I think this course helps me to understand how to use color more efficiently to pair well with the interior design as a whole." - Alexander N.
Hi, I'm Erikka Fogleman, owner of Erikka Dawn Interiors. In addition to designing beautiful and functional interiors for clients, I also teach classes online for interior design enthusiasts, interior design students, and interior design professionals.
Through my classes, I will show you how many areas of interior design can be broken down into simple-to-use processes and formulas, so that you can be successful in creating beautiful rooms all on your own using an easy, systematic approach.
I’ve been designing and redesigning rooms for as long as I can remember – first for myself, then for friends and family, and finally, after graduating from the Interior Design program at the New York Institute of Art and Design, I decided to make it my full-time career. Today, I own my own thriving interior design business. While I would love to see everyone hire an interior designer, I know that it's not feasible or desired by everyone, so I've created easy-to-understand classes to break down the "science" of design. Quite simply because everyone should love their home.
I hope you’ll join me in some or all of my classes, so you, too, can learn how to create your dream home!