Do you want to learn how minimalist interior design can help to create mental clarity, calmness and increased productivity?
Do you want a home that is beautiful, stress-free, and easy to clean?
Do you love minimalist design but are worried that your room will look cold and bare, rather than stylishly pulled together?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then I encourage to check out this course! Minimalist interior design is a hot design trend right now, and for good reason. In this course I will show you exactly why it's so popular today, but more importantly, I will help you translate this beautiful and chic design style into your own home. By the end of this class, you will be able to:
- Use 3 Easy Ways to Begin your Minimalist Journey Today!
- Understand why Minimalism is such a Popular Design Trend
- Articulate the Main Principles of Minimalist Interior Design
- Utilize my Favorite Decluttering Techniques
- Effectively Deal with Favorite Collections and Sentimental Items
- Choose a Calming Color Scheme
- Create a Focal Point
- Use Negative Space as a Design Element
- Achieve Balance and Harmony in a Room
In this course, you will be encouraged to print out a template that will allow you to create your own minimalist interior design plan for a room of your home, via activities through which I will guide you throughout this course.
This is a great course for all levels of individuals who are interested in learning more about how to use minimalist interior design to improve their homes and their lives.
Join me for a journey into the beautiful world of minimalist interior design!
- If you are interested in taking most or all of my courses, I have a recommended order in which to watch them (although it's certainly not required). I would start with "How to Design a Room in 10 Easy Steps" because most of my other courses are in-depth classes of the concepts touched on in this 10 step class. Following the 10 Step Course, I suggest moving on to "How to Use Color Like a Pro", followed by "How to Work with Interior Design Styles Like a Pro", then "How to Use Lighting Design to Transform your Home", and finally "Design is in the Details". My other courses, "How to Use Minimalist Interior Design to Live your Best Life", "Use Eco-friendly, Sustainable Design to Improve Your Life", and "How to Design Your Dream Kitchen" are all stand alone classes on specialty topics within interior design, and therefore, can be taken in any order.
- Please be aware that this course, or any of my courses, is not intended to provide all of the knowledge needed to become a professional interior designer. As with any professional field, there is a significant amount of education and/or experience that is needed to achieve competency in this field. My intention with these courses is to provide some solid foundational knowledge to assist either those individuals interested in "DIY" interior design to work on their own projects more effectively, or to provide supplemental education to both interior design students and professionals.
What Students Are Saying
"I absolutely love this course! It validated my personal preference for simplicity in all aspects of living a focused life. The strategic actions that Erikka suggested to achieve this design are feasible." - Gem O.
"Enjoyed the course, actually helped pick me up from the edge of my chair to de-clutter my apartment and reorganize bags upon bags of bad quality stuff that I store and never need. thank you!" - Nur N.
"This is the course for anyone looking to understand minimalism for interior design purposes. Erikka walks you through room by room what to do, what is essential, and explaining concepts like ruthless editing. She gives you multiple easy plans of attack to start on your own home or a client's home. Thank you for this course!" - Nicole D.
Hi, I'm Erikka Fogleman, owner of Erikka Dawn Interiors. In addition to designing beautiful and functional interiors for clients, I also teach classes online for interior design enthusiasts, interior design students, and interior design professionals.
Through my classes, I will show you how many areas of interior design can be broken down into simple-to-use processes and formulas, so that you can be successful in creating beautiful rooms all on your own using an easy, systematic approach.
I’ve been designing and redesigning rooms for as long as I can remember – first for myself, then for friends and family, and finally, after graduating from the Interior Design program at the New York Institute of Art and Design, I decided to make it my full-time career. Today, I own my own thriving interior design business. While I would love to see everyone hire an interior designer, I know that it's not feasible or desired by everyone, so I've created easy-to-understand classes to break down the "science" of design. Quite simply because everyone should love their home.
I hope you’ll join me in some or all of my classes, so you, too, can learn how to create your dream home!