Use Eco-Friendly Sustainable Design to Improve Your Life
Save Money and Live Healthier through Eco-Friendly Interior Design
Do you want to save money on your utilities and improve your indoor air quality?
Are you interested in making changes to your home to make it more eco-friendly and sustainable?
Are you a design professional who wants to learn how to incorporate this hot design movement into your own business?
If you answered with a resounding "yes!" to any of these questions, then this will be a great course for you! Eco-friendly, sustainable design is a rapidly evolving area of interior design with so many choices available today. For the average consumer, it can be incredibly overwhelming. My goal with this course, is to break it all down for you so that you can create your own eco-friendly dream home at your own pace.
By the end of this class, you will be able to:
- Use 3 Easy Ways to Incorporate Green Interior Design into Your Home Today
- Understand why Eco-Friendly, Sustainable Design is More Important than Ever
- Explain the Difference Between the Terms, "Eco-Friendly" and "Sustainable"
- Articulate the Main Principles of Eco-Friendly, Sustainable Interior Design
- Implement Affordable and Higher End Upgrades to improve Your Energy Efficiency
- Implement Easy Ways to improve Your Water Efficiency
- Maximize your Natural and Artificial Lighting in an Eco-Friendly Way
- Improve Your Indoor Air Quality
- Understand the Green Finishes and Furnishings Available for Your Home and Where to Source Them
- If You're a Professional, You Will Learn About Green Professional Certifications and Green Trade-Only Vendors
In this course, you will have an opportunity to apply the information in a very practical way through two exercises: By creating a list of current and future upgrades that you can make to your home, and by creating your own eco-friendly, sustainable interior design plan. I've also included a bonus lecture that will show you other easy ways to "green" your home and your life.
This is a great course for all levels of individuals who are interested in learning more about green interior design, and more importantly, how they can easily incorporate these principles into their own homes. It’s also an ideal course for design professionals who want to learn how to incorporate green design into their own business.
Please join me as I help you to navigate the rapidly evolving world of eco-friendly, sustainable interior design!
- If you are interested in taking most or all of my courses, I have a recommended order in which to watch them (although it's certainly not required). I would start with "How to Design a Room in 10 Easy Steps" because most of my other courses are in-depth classes of the concepts touched on in this 10 step class. Following the 10 Step Course, I suggest moving on to "How to Use Color Like a Pro", followed by "How to Work with Interior Design Styles Like a Pro", then "How to Use Lighting Design to Transform your Home", and finally "Design is in the Details". My other courses, "How to Use Minimalist Interior Design to Live your Best Life", "Use Eco-friendly, Sustainable Design to Improve Your Life", and "How to Design Your Dream Kitchen" are all stand alone classes on specialty topics within interior design, and therefore, can be taken in any order.
- Please be aware that this course, or any of my courses, is not intended to provide all of the knowledge needed to become a professional interior designer. As with any professional field, there is a significant amount of education and/or experience that is needed to achieve competency in this field. My intention with these courses is to provide some solid foundational knowledge to assist either those individuals interested in "DIY" interior design to work on their own projects more effectively, or to provide supplemental education to both interior design students and professionals.
What Students Are Saying
"This is such a fantastic course for everyone, from beginners to professionals. I felt that it was so well thought of, planned and explained. With more than enough information on how to go green, it definitely touched some cords and opened my eyes to some of the bad practises within the manufacturing industry. It is a long course compared to others complied by Erikka, but it's well worth investing the time and money, even if it's for your own personal use. I was so happy to see that even experienced professionals choose to live their lives the green way, and to have someone confirm that it's actually a great thing to recycle, repurpose, upcycle and shop locally, second hand. If this is not being thought in universities, it should definitely be on their curriculum as it's so much common sense included into it." - Diana G.
"This course has opened up my mind as to how easy it is to make your home more eco-friendly. I would highly recommend this course to anyone wishing to make their home greener." - Steve L.
"As with all of Erikka's courses the information provided is solid and well structured, presented in an engaging way. I really appreciate her including worldwide suggestions as well, and viewing the bigger picture. I learnt a lot in this course, and thoroughly enjoyed investigating the topics further. Thank you very much!" - Annika S.
Hi, I'm Erikka Fogleman, owner of Erikka Dawn Interiors. In addition to designing beautiful and functional interiors for clients, I also teach classes online for interior design enthusiasts, interior design students, and interior design professionals.
Through my classes, I will show you how many areas of interior design can be broken down into simple-to-use processes and formulas, so that you can be successful in creating beautiful rooms all on your own using an easy, systematic approach.
I’ve been designing and redesigning rooms for as long as I can remember – first for myself, then for friends and family, and finally, after graduating from the Interior Design program at the New York Institute of Art and Design, I decided to make it my full-time career. Today, I own my own thriving interior design business. While I would love to see everyone hire an interior designer, I know that it's not feasible or desired by everyone, so I've created easy-to-understand classes to break down the "science" of design. Quite simply because everyone should love their home.
I hope you’ll join me in some or all of my classes, so you, too, can learn how to create your dream home!
StartPower/Energy - Affordable Upgrades (15:15)
StartPower/Energy: Costlier Upgrades that Pack a Punch (15:15)
StartMake Water-Wise Choices (15:15)
StartHarness Your Natural Lighting (15:15)
StartMaximize Your Artificial Lighting (15:15)
StartActivity #1 – Identify Current and Future Green Upgrades for Your Home